(Photo by Tammy T.)
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4-6 Tbsp of ground flaxseed (optional)
2 cups of Bran Flakes cereal
1/3 cup skim milk
3-4 very ripe bananas
2 egg whites
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground flaxseed. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine cereal, milk, and bananas. Let stand at least 2 minutes until cereal is softened.
3. In small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add egg whites and butter to cereal mixture. Beat well.
4. Add flour mixture and walnuts, stirring until just combined.
5. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
6. Spoon batter evenly into mini muffin pan.
7. Bake at 400ºF for about 18 minutes and toothpick test.
These will freeze great! Just wrap individually and store in a ziploc bag. Pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds and instant breakfast on the go!