1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
2-3 carrot chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 potatoes cubed
1 small butternut squash cubed
1 can of corn
1 can of peas
1 can of green bean
1/2 tablespoon oregano (I put a little more)
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt to taste
2 cubed bouillon
1 cup of cooked rice (with salt)
1. In a large pot brown ground beef and drain.
2. Then put the ground beef back in the pot and add onion, garlic, oregano, cumin. When the onion is browned, removed from heat and seat aside for at least 5 minutes. (this is really important).
3. Return to heat and add the potatoes, squash, carrots, bouillon and salt if needed. Cover with boil water. If you are cooking with fresh corn, green bean and peas, add them now.
4. Cook until potatoes are tender, probably you’re gonna need to add more water or salt, so check it often.
5. If you’re cooking with canned corn, peas and grean beans, wait until potatoes are tender to add them with cooked rice. Let them cooked for 5 more minutes.
6. Top with cilantro or green onion.
Tips: If you’re not good cooking rice, you can add uncooked rice with the potatoes and let it cook.
Makes at least 8 servings.
Approximate Nutritional Facts, per 1 serving:
Calories: 215.4, Total Fat: 8.3g (Saturated: 3.2g, Polyunsaturated 0.6g, Monounsaturated 3.5g), Cholesterol 28.4mg, Sodium 133.6mg, Potassium 638.2, Total Carbohydrate 25.6g (Dietary Fiber: 4.8g, Sugars 2.5g), Protein 10.2g
Add or Follow me: Jenn Abadie Scioneaux
Join me here: On Our Weigh to Health
Get your Skinny on! 100% natural! NO wraps! NO shakes! NO fake food! NO hormones!! Start here: