1 32 ounce carton reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup of water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1 onion, diced
1 cup peeled, diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
1 bag California medley veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) (I diced them a bit before cooking)
1/4 cup butter
2 cups milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup flour
dash of cayenne pepper
1 bag (2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
1. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, water, bouillon, and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the celery, carrots, and butter. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and California medley veggies (I chopped mine a bit before adding them). Simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and flour until smooth.
5. Gradually add the milk mixture to the pot, stirring constantly
6. Add the shredded cheese and dash of cayenne. Blend until cheese is melted. Serves 6-7.
SO GOOD!!! VERY COMFORTING FOR A WINTER NIGHT!
FOLLOW me on Facebook; I am always posting AWESOME stuff! Jenn Abadie Scioneaux
Fun and support for all: join us here for more every day fun, tips, recipes, weight loss support & motivation “FREE” On Our Weigh to Health