Friend or Follow me on Facebook!
Jenn Abadie Scioneaux
SHARE this great recipe, everyone needs a dinner idea!
(pic. & recipe by Juli P.)
1 lb. Skirt Steak (flank or sirloin is fine too)
1 large Shallot chopped (about a 1/3rd cup)
1 green onion chopped
8 oz. sliced button or crimini mushrooms
2 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Italian dressing ( I used olive oil, balsamic, garlic , oregano and salt)
Sea salt and pepper
1/4 cup water
8-10 oz. egg noodles ( I used gluten free, you can use regular)
2-3 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley or chives for garnish
1. Heat water for noodles and make according to directions. When complete add a splash of olive oil to keep from sticking.
2. Pound the steak to create little divots to hold the marinade and if it’s a thicker steak, pound to get it to a 3/4 of an inch or so. Marinate in dressing for 1 hour. Cut into 2-3 inch long and 1 – 1 1/2 inch wide strips.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in large fying pan/skillet. Turn up to medium high and add beef in batches. You want to stir fry until they get a little color. Do not cook completely! Do not allow butter to burn. If needed, add a splash of olive oil. Remove the meat from pan and set on plate. Sprinkle S & P on meat.
4. Reduce pan to a medium and add shallots and green onion and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly. You want them to pick up meat drippings on bottom. Remove from pan and add to plate with meat.
5. Add remaining butter to pan and increase heat to medium high, add mushrooms and nutmeg and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Reduce heat to low. Add sour cream, cream cheese to mushrooms. Stir and add 1/8 cup of the water. Stir in beef and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want the sauce to be thinner, add more water.
Make sure pan temperature stays really low so the cream cheese and sour cream don’t curdle. Add noodles and combine.
Garnish with a chopped parsley or chives.