Around here we call these Forgotten Cookies, they vanish QUICKLY! Try also adding a bit of cocoa powder for chocolate ones! YUM!
FRIEND OR FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!
Jenn Abadie Scioneaux
SHARE this great recipe, your family will love them!
This recipe makes 12-14 cookies
2 egg whites (preferably at room temperature)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips (Less chocolate chips means less fat…just saying)
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice. (I used pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat egg whites and salt with a mixer until the egg whites become foamy.
3. Add the sugar in gradually while you continue to beat the egg whites. Continue beating until the egg whites hold medium to stiff peaks (I usually go for the stiff peaks)
4. Gently fold in the chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and vanilla
5. Cover your cookie sheet (I used two) with parchment paper. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
6. Place the cookie sheet(s) in the oven and turn the oven off. Leave the cookies in the oven without opening the door.
7. Take the cookies out of the oven and enjoy. Store in covered tin.